NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Divide over grown clumps of perennials such as Daylilies, Shasta Daisies and Hostas.
- Plant cool season annuals such as Pansies, Violas, Snapdragons, Dianthus and Calendulas.
- Plant ornamental Cabbage, Kale and Mustard.
- You may now need to begin moving in plants from your patio.
- Check for insects before moving indoors and if necessary use an insecticidal soap before bringing inside for the winter.
- Plant strawberries.
- Plant fall vegetable plants.
- Plant Camellias for beautiful winter garden blooms.
- If your lawn is subject to winter weeds now is the time to apply a pre-emergent herbicide.
- Continue spraying roses with ferti-lome Liquid Systemic Fungicide every 10-14 days. Read label for instructions on application.
- Continue monthly feeding of roses with ferti-lome Rose and Flower Food.
- Treat fire ant mounds with Ferti-lome Come and Get It Fire Ant Killer.
- Feed the birds.
- Plant container grown trees and shrubs.
- Continue your fertilization of annuals with ferti-lome Bedding Plant Food at 4-6 week intervals.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.