NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Plant spring flowering bulbs.
- Divide and transplant perennials.
- Plant bare-root fruit trees.
- Plant bare-root roses.
- Transplant trees and shrubs.
- Feed the birds. Don’t forget the suet.
- Prune fruit trees and grapevines before late February.
- Prune hardwood trees except those that will bloom in the spring.
- Apply dormant oil spray to fruit trees if scale is prevalent. Read label for instructions on application.
- Plant container grown trees and shrubs.
- Service your lawn equipment.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.