NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Now is a good time to prune your Junipers and Hollies. Use the trimmings in your Christmas decorations.
- Continueyour holiday decorating with wreaths, trees, garland and poinsettia. Our favorite Christmas tree for needle retention is the Frasier Fir. NeSmith Nursery Christmas trees are on display in stands with water for the freshest tree you can purchase that has been precut.
- Keep indoor holiday plants away from vents, heaters and drafts.
- Keep your Christmas tree water bowl full of water.
- This continues to be a great time to plant trees and shrubs.
- You can still over-seed your grass with Annual Ryegrass. Do not use over 10 pounds per 1000 square feet.
- Refresh mulched beds of pine straw.
- Feed the birds.
- Continue your fertilization of annuals with ferti-lome Bedding Plant Food at 4-6 week intervals.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.